Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baghdad people miss Saddam

Baghdad people miss Saddam
Five years ago, the U.S. military captured the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, none of the former President Saddam Hussein's statue. After five years, participated in the overthrow the Saddam regime signs of the action of some Iraqis regret, in their view, Saddam's days are more secure.
"Now, with 50 Saddam"
April 9, 2003, Ibrahim Khalil 10 Iraqis a few, none of the Paradise Square in downtown Baghdad on the statue of Saddam Hussein.
"If history Let me re-choice, I will kiss my help none of the statue of Saddam Hussein," said Khalil on the 9th, "not just myself, (my friends and I) will protect the statue. "He recalled that when the Marines arrived, and intensely people gathered in the square.
"We have some people in the climb up the statue. Soldiers give us a Changsheng, we caught it statue's neck and began widening," he said, "but the rope broken. Soldiers give us an chains and my brother Hazem card tied it in the statue's neck. several of the U.S. military tanks began zipper, the first near the statue was chopped, in the overturned statue. "
"We hit the statue with shoes," he said, "It is a historic moment. I feel I have been reborn. Majority of Iraqis are happy because they are affected by the Saddam regime."
However, five years have passed, Khalil said, he participated in none of the statue to celebrate end of Saddam's rule regret. "All my friends and I feel the same." Khalil said the joy had disappeared long before, the situation in Iraq has worsened dramatically, "Now, I realize that the fall of Baghdad, is in fact a black day, Saddam better days. "
"I asked Bush: 'You put Iraq into a better commitment in the country where?'" He said, "These days, we must go out with pistols. Saddam's rule, we have security situation. We get rid of a Saddam, now we have 50 Saddam. "
"I like the curfew because"
Many Iraqis on the fifth anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, was resentment. Salim Hussein retired officer said that over the past five years, apart from the "blood, bombs, curfews and internal strife," the Iraqi people did not harvest anything, "Government can not provide security."
To prevent the fall of Baghdad on the fifth anniversary of the attacks, on the 9th Iraqi authorities in Baghdad, Samarra, Tikrit and other places curfews, and prohibit vehicles in the streets of Baghdad on the day. However, the settlement of the Baghdad Shiite Arabs Sadr City attacks still occur the same day, at least 20 people were killed.
Apart from Sadr City, Baghdad, other regions the situation is calm. As a vehicle to prohibit access, Baghdad shops, government offices and schools closed, people can only travel on foot.
For a 10-year-old Amal Karim, means that the vehicles will be banned in the normally congested streets and Kaira partners play football. He said: "I like this government, because we have many such ban. Us it is the only playing time and I hope that we can have such a ban, otherwise my family would be locked in the house."

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers